In an environment where some major banks making plans to charge customers new monthly fees for using their debit cards, USAA Bank has recently reaffirmed that its debit card will continue to remain fee free. USAA has excellent service to military members and their families, and USAA Bank, the banking arm of the financial giant, remains committed to offering a free checking account and free debit card to its members. USAA’s free checking account and debit card have features such as:
- Free checking – No monthly service fees regardless of balance.
- Free nationwide ATM use – First 10 ATM withdrawals are free, and if another bank charges, we’ll refund up to $15 of their bank fees each month.
- Deposit options – Make a deposit through one of more than 2,000 The UPS Store® locations, and qualifying members can also deposit checks from home, an iPhone™ or Android™ phone.
- Free online and mobile banking – Check balances, transfer funds and pay bills using a computer, smartphone, USAA Apple iPad app or mobile.usaa.com.
- Free USAA® Money Manager – Track spending with a personal budgeting tool.